Website terms and conditions – please read carefully
By accessing the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO) website ('the Site') you are agreeing to the Terms that appear below. If you have any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. These Terms were last updated on 16th September 2008.
Use of the Site
This Site is owned and operated by the UKHO. The material on the Site (the 'Content') is protected by Crown Copyright unless otherwise indicated. However, you may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network).
Except as expressly set out above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content. In particular, but without limiting the general application of the restrictions contained in the preceding sentence, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from the UKHO:
- Redistribute any of the Content
- Remove the Copyright or Trade Mark notice from any copies of the Content made under these Terms
- Create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Content.
Further information on Copyright can be found within the 'About Us
' page, on the copyright licensing tab.
Limitation of liability and disclaimer
Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on this Site are at your sole risk and responsibility. The Site is provided on an 'as is', 'as available' basis and the UKHO does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Site or any content. All implied warranties are excluded from these Terms to the extent to which they may be excluded as a matter of law. Additionally:
- The UKHO will not be liable for any losses, costs, claims or damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of profits) arising in contract, tort (including negligence and breach of statutory authority) or otherwise from your access to, or use of, or inability to use the Site or any Content or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using the Site or any Content.
- This Site contains links to other World Wide Web sites, either directly or through frames and, where possible, we will make clear where such links are being made. Those sites are provided by independent third parties and the UKHO is not responsible for their availability or content.
Restricted access areas
Certain areas of the Site are only open to you if you have been provided with a relevant password. The UKHO reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use of the Site at any time.
Changes to these terms
The UKHO reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Site, including these Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms.
Choice of law and jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English Law, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Trade Marks, service marks and logos (the 'Trade Marks') used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of the UKHO and others. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Trade Mark displayed on this Site without written permission from the UKHO. The Trade Marks of the UKHO, including its name, may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to materials displayed on this Site without prior written permission.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
The UK Hydrographic Office’s Terms and Conditions for low value Purchase Orders are available here.