We are firmly committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information collected on this site. The site is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Forms on the site may require users to give some personal information, such as contact information. This information is used to contact the user when necessary, for example, if the user is interested in a job opportunity. Where users have provided personal information, this may be used to provide information on new products and services, except where a user has indicated otherwise. In any case, personal information will not be passed to a third party. Users may, on request, view the information we hold about them and request that we update, correct or delete it.
The UKHO Information Charter
We UKHO need to handle personal information about you so that we can provide services for you. This is how we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- To make sure you know why we need it;
- To only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information;
- To protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn't;
- To let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services - and if you can say no;
- To make sure we don't keep it longer than necessary; and
- Not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
In return, we ask you to:
- Give us accurate information; and
- Tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- How to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- Agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- Circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to
- Prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics;
- Our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information;
- How we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date; and
- How to make a complaint.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits our website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set (see 'Essential site cookie' below). You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work.
|Essential site cookie
||This cookie is essential for the site to operate and is set upon your arrival to the UKHO Copyright Licensing site. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
||Visit the Microsoft website|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|ISA Web Publishing Load Balancing
||When using an ISA Server to handle load balancing and web requests an ISA server will place Cookies to allow ISA Server to allow itself to internally configure routes for internal requests. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit here.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT 01823 337900
When we ask you for information, we will keep to the law, including the Data Protection Act 1998. For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Phone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45 Fax: 01625 524510.