Admiralty Chart Details...
Main Chart Details
- Chart Title: Surigao Strait and Dinagat Sound
- Publication Date: 24/11/2005
- Latest Edition date: 13/04/2017
- Chart Size: 1097 x 748 (mm)
Chart Panel Details
- Panel Name Surigao Strait and Dinagat Sound
- Area Name Philippine Islands
- Natural Scale 150000
- North Limit 10� 34'.50N
- East Limit 126� 28'.00E
- South Limit 9� 33'.00N
- West Limit 124� 57'.00E
Co-ordinates given are usually those of the four extremities of the chart. In many cases not all the area within will be fully charted*.Customers should check that the chart meets their requirements by viewing the chart image (where available).Mariners should always use the largest scale navigational chart available.
*Reasons may include
- Continuation of coverage of a small part outside the main area of chart coverage e.g a river.
- Inset plans and the chart title block and notes also take up space, therefore geographical information cannot be shown in this area.
- A need to refer to larger scale of chart, such waters are often "blued out" to avoid excessive maintenance work applying numerous NM corrections to an area of the small scale chart where the navigator will be using a larger scale chart.
- Coverage is better served from a different chart because of typical routeings.