The Mariners Handbook (NP100)
A comprehensive guide to seamanship and key aspects of maritime navigation. Content includes essential information on charts and their use, the communication of navigational information, the maritime environment, restrictions to navigation and maritime pollution and conservation.
The latest edition offers:
- Simple tabular layouts to help mariners quickly locate essential information.
- Inclusion of QR codes to help mariners ensure that information is always up-to-date.
- Weekly electronic updates and simple search functionality when brought as an e-NP.
ADMIRALTY ENC Maintenance Record (NP133C)
NP133C is a quick reference folder which is designed to hold paper records on ENC and ECDIS maintenance. Well-organised and clear, the folder can help mariners with inspections, SOLAS Chapter V carriage compliance and information management.
- 9 clear and easy-to-use sections that simplify the management of ENC and ECDIS records. Sections include templates and guidance to help mariners record essential maintenance information such as ENC Status and the review of Important Service Notices.
- Logical layout, allowing bridge crews to clearly present ENC and ECDIS maintenance to inspectors.
- Quick referencing to aid the handover process. As a whole, NP133C can be easily integrated into the Safety Management System to aid ISM compliance.
ADMIRALTY Distance Tables (NP350 1-3)
A three part series of tables, sub-divided by region, giving the shortest distances between ports. There are supporting diagrams and text as well as link tables for places not in the same or adjacent table.
Catalogue of ADMIRALTY Charts and Publications (NP131)
A comprehensive reference in graphical and textual form of all ADMIRALTY charts and publications worldwide, listed by region. The catalogue gives full details for each chart and publication, including details of all digital products and ADMIRALTY distributors worldwide. Updated and published annually.
Paper Chart Maintenance Record (NP133A)
Record your ADMIRALTY chart updating details, weekly Notices to Mariners and new charts and editions. Use the index to check Notices to Mariners against all ADMIRALTY charts.
How to Keep Your ADMIRALTY Products Up-to-Date (NP294)
A comprehensive guide to updating all ADMIRALTY products.
IALA Maritime Buoyage System (NP735)
Describes the Cardinal and Lateral Buoyage system with diagrams and written explanations of the five types of marks: lateral, cardinal, isolated danger, safe water and special marks.
Ocean Passages for the World (NP136)
This classic volume on ocean voyage planning has routeing details for powered and sailing vessels; individual chapters on each of the world's oceans; advice on winds, weather, climate, seasonal factors, currents, swell, ice hazards; and the shortest routes between ports and important positions.
Symbols and Abbreviations Used on ADMIRALTY Charts, Chart NP5011 (INT 1)
This convenient A4 book details ADMIRALTY and INT paper chart symbols in full colour with information on hydrography; topography; navigational aids and services; abbreviations of principal terms shown on English and foreign charts; and general information on the content of ADMIRALTY paper charts.
ADMIRALTY Guide to ENC Symbols used in ECDIS (NP5012)
A companion to NP5011, intended to be used both as a training aid and as a reference during passage planning and navigation, this guide contains comprehensive information relating to ENC symbols.
The publication provides graphics showing both the traditional and the simplified forms of symbols, as well as descriptions of the use of the symbol that can be understood by the intended users (international seafarers) with reference to the chart 5011 / INT1 equivalent symbol where applicable.
ADMIRALTY Guide to the Practical Use of ENCs (NP231)
A comprehensive reference guide to assist ENC users gain a high level of understanding of the practical use of ENCs.
ADMIRALTY Guide to ECDIS Implementation, Policy and Procedures (NP232)
NP232 offers clear guidance to support the implementation of ECDIS on board and in operating procedures, helping fleets to adopt ECDIS efficiently and aid compliance.
Produced by the UKHO in conjunction with other maritime professionals, this guide aims to further enable the safe use of ECDIS for primary navigation and give users the knowledge needed to operate confidently using ECDIS.
The publication offers:
- Important information about ECDIS implementation, helping fleets to adopt ECDIS efficiently
- Guidance on ECDIS procedures, which can be used to assist crews and fleet managers with ISM code compliance
- Assistance with planning the transition to ECDIS, ensuring that implementation is fit for purpose
This publication is the latest in a series of three to support the transition to ECDIS, which include the ADMIRALTY Guide to ENC Symbols used in ECDIS (NP5012) and the ADMIRALTY Guide to the Practical use of ENCs (NP231). Clear and comprehensive, NP5012 and NP231 help bridge crews to gain a solid understanding of practical ENC use and offer key information on ECDIS procedures.