Copyright and Licensing of HMNAO Material
HMNAO material is subject to Crown Copyright and reproduction of our material may require a licence as well as being subject to a supply charge.
To obtain a copyright licence please visit the UKHO web site and click on one of the grey-coloured tabs entitled "Other UKHO Sites" and then follow the link to the Copyright Licensing web site. Here you will find information on Crown Copyright and UKHO's Licensing policy. Click on UKHO's Copyright Online Licensing System to proceed with your licensing application and "Make Application".
Please complete all of the first 5 stages of the online process and submit your licence application. The publications (and their corresponding UKHO codes) and products covered by this online system are given in the table below.
||UKHO Publication / Product Title|
||NavPac and Compact Data|
||The Astronomical Almanac|
|Astronomical & Calendarial Sheets|
Sunrise / Sunset data
Moonrise / Moonset data
World Time Zone Maps
||Rapid Sight Reduction Tables for Navigation (AP3270) – 3 volumes|
||The Nautical Almanac|
||The Star Almanac for Land Surveyors|
||Star Finder and Identifier|
||Sight Reduction Tables for Marine Navigation – 6 volumes|
Within a few minutes you will receive an e-mail with your draft licence attached. Please review and accept the draft licence as per the accompanying e-mailed instructions. Your final licence will then be sent to you.
Please note the following instructions for Stage 3 to add Astronomical & Calendarial Sheets, Sunrise / Sunset data, Moonrise / Moonset data or World Time Zone Maps into your licence:
Stage 3: Material Selection
- Please click in "Publications".
- Click on the first drop down arrow and select "Astronomical Navigation" and from the second down arrow select "HMNAO Miscellaneous"
- You will see a list of edition dates for the Astronomical data. Please locate the edition your require. To the right you will see two yellow folders. Click on these and then click on the yellow diamond alongside "Astronomical & Calendarial Data including sunrise/set and moonrise/moonset times" or "World Time Zone Map" as appropriate. Clicking on the appropriate diamond will input the item into your licence cart. Please repeat process for the items you wish to add into your licence.
- Please proceed through Stage 4 and onto Stage 5
For Stage 5 please respond with the following answers:
Stage 5: Qualifying Questions
- Question 1 – Answer with "NO"
- Question 2 – Answer with "YES"
- Question 3 – Answer with "NO"
- Question 4 – Answer with "YES"
Please continue and submit your licence application.
Once you have your licence number please contact HMNAO to advise us of your license number and the details of your order including contact details and where necessary a billing address. If you require a particular reference number or purchase order number to be quoted on the invoice, please let us know.
If you have any licensing queries or if you need any assistance whilst using the online licensing process please contact the Intellectual Property department using one of the methods given below:
||+44 (0) 1823 337900 ext. 4146|
||+44 (0) 1823 354045|
||UK Hydrographic Office|
||Taunton, TA1 2DN|